Tuesday 8 March 2016

When the Shadow fades

Posted by Kitsune at 05:44
I can't bring myself to talk about the events of Venezuela before first bringing up the subject of Dr. Shadow. As you likely know by now the infamous supervillain, mastermind behind many nefarious plots has passed away. My fate and his were intertwined so it is hard to write this post. From the second I started investigating crimes linked to him I felt drawn in and a responsibility forming. I saw things in him that others could not. Whether it was the blessings of the kami or his own doing I cannot be entirely sure. Maybe it was a little of both.

As I sat in my room, reviewing the clues I had and communing with the spirits to give me insight into the elusive man and I started to get more clarity. To say he was complicated would be an understatement. While I'm not going to absolve him of his crimes, he was a criminal and I kept my eyes on him until the end, he did believe himself to be doing things for the greater good. And for the most part if you looked hard enough you could see some good intentions. Many called him a 'reformed villain', or sometimes 'reforming', but I don't think he was. He held no remorse for his past, they were all steps to get him where he was.

When I 'captured' him I caught up with him on an express train, one that would travel for hours before reaching its next stop. He was waiting for me, he was civil, he came peacefully. While we waited for our stop we spoke frankly over tea. Our relationship wasn't one of friendship, nor were we enemies. In some ways he was my 'nemesis' but one I had respect for, who had respect for me. We both fought for our beliefs, I just never agreed with him taking extreme methods and a very long view.

Redemption Corps firmly believe he'll be back, that he just slipped into the shadows as he was want to do and perhaps that is true. Whether it was final death or just a temporary one a chapter has been closed and a person who had a profound effect on my career as a hero has gone and my path is no longer tied with his.

It is hard to describe how I feel.. but I've done my best to give insight into it all at least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea