Friday 11 March 2016

Ask Kitsune #8

Posted by Kitsune at 05:21
Q: During a conversation in the bar back in Venezuela I think I may have put my foot in it somewhat, while talking about some of the risks of having powers I may have used the phrase 'normal people' intending to refer to non-costumed crime-fighting individuals, have only just now realised that one of the people at the table who seemed a bit put out by me saying this was of a mutant persuasion, while I never meant any ill-intention I realise I'm worrying my words could have caused offence, am I overthinking things or would it be safer to duct-tape my mouth shut next time?
 
A: That you're worried so much speaks well of your character, you're clearly a good person who doesn't want to cause harm with your words. I'm sure whoever you were sat with either realised this or could with time. have you spoken to them since? Did they seem to have issue with you? Maybe you are worrying a little too much, we all say things we regret sometimes but we all have the power within us to set those mistakes right.

In our society finding the correct phrasing can be hard. We don't want a division that feels like an 'us' and 'them' but sometimes powered individuals need to speak of the plight of the general populace they defend and finding the right words to ensure everyone that those with powers don't think of themselves as superior can be difficult. But we all try. And that's all a person can do try and keep trying, you won't always succeed but we all have each other for support, some may have powers, some may not, we may be of different factions or different planes/planets of birth but we're all people and for the most part we're doing our best to make this world a better place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea