Tuesday 8 March 2016

Snow?!

Posted by Kitsune at 09:39
I'd expected to be surprised by my first ever international mission but of all the things I'd psyched myself up for snow was not one of them. I am so glad the guidance of the kami lead to me packing warm things, just in case. I had thought packing those had been a sign that weather would be bad when I returned home, I guess not. I got a few envious glares when I turned up with my umbrella, if I'd known the weather would be so bad I'd have brought along spares! I was further caught offguard when Charles, a photographer for the World News, asked to take a photograph of me all bundled up in my hood and scarf. I suppose nothing says 'freak cold weather' more than a superhero bundled up in layers of clothing!

I felt like I had to hit the ground running, we had people to protect and an outbreak to help eradicate. I wasn't a healer so it was hard to find my place at first, especially when it became clear that the situation in Venezuela was far more complex than we had first thought!

We had spent some time settling in and investigating before we heard rumours of an astral rift, the present Alpha ritualists hurried to help the poor local farmer who was worried by the strange light on his lands. It was there and then that we discovered that while we were of shared outlook we didn't have a shared approach. Watcher of Storms, Zolitaire, Doktor Science and I had different tacts to approaching the astral realm and held different requests. Some strove for a cure, while other wanted personal power to be able to help not only the ongoing situation but others in the future.

I will not speak of personal bargains or who wanted what but I will say that it was a learning experience. We are all Alpha but you can't throw together a group of mages and expect a successful ritual without forethought. There was initial friction and flared emotions in the wake of the ritual that I am glad to say were resolved by the end of our mission. We learned, we learned together and we learned quickly.

That which was made by the hands of man could only be undone by the hands of man. My heart sunk when I realised there was little I could do to heal the sick beyond support our medics and chemists.

My first evening in Venezuela ended with me feeling a little lost amongst the cold, doing all I could to be supportive but also feeling unsure of my place in this new international force.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea