Wednesday 9 March 2016

The More Familiar Familiar

Posted by Kitsune at 02:25
"Is your familiar a fox?" Zolitaire asked curiously.
"Not exactly.." Came my confused reply

Given the nature of my abilities I never really thought of myself as having a single familiar. All of the kami speak to me and different ones aid at different times. There was always a strong presence around me though and a particular little fox that turned up more and more often. Last weekend I got to know a lot more about this little fox, my familiar.

He was far more than a strong spirit, he was definitely my familiar. Many mages only hear the voices of their familiars at times of importance, or in places of great magic. But I was given a gift..

I can now hear his voice more often and know he is different from other kami. Other spirits are formed of their place and purpose, but this fox, he was formed by me. He told me he was just an amorphous blob until I made him what he is. He is my spirit, my kami and he wanted me to name him.

It wasn't unusual before to see me 'talking to myself' as I communed with the kami, but it may become more frequent now. Don't worry if I'm having an amicable conversation with the air, it's likely Fen and I getting used to the strange situation we've found ourselves in.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea