Monday 27 March 2017

Hope

Posted by Kitsune at 07:55


I had to start with Hope. This is going to be very hard for me, I'm not sure if this will be a singular blog post or the start of a few.. I'll be writing from the heart and doing little editing so we'll see how it goes I guess.


"I love your blog!"


These were the first words I heard Hope say when I met her in person at the launch of Project Genesis. She'd already expressed her admiration on twitter before the event and I was quick to greet her with a hug, she looked so nervous!


Not many people know this but I respond in some way to every piece of fan mail I receive personally, I always have. It's getting close to becoming a job in it's own right now and people tell me I should stop but I'll keep doing it as long as I can. I mention this because before 'Hope' was public knowledge there was one young woman I'd receive letters from who'd share with me her dreams for the future, her wish to be a hero like me who brought light into the world. She even told me how she'd love to meet me one day. Her letters genuinely touched me and made me want to be a better hero for people like her.


That young woman got to be everything she wanted to be, and so much more. Hope did her all to idealise the concept she'd been named after and touched a great many lives in a short amount of time. The world is a darker place without her, so many strong heroes have been sideblinded by grief and disbelief at the news of what happened in Switzerland.


But we can't give into that grief, she wouldn't want that. She'd understand our need to mourn, that some of us need time but she wouldn't want us to give up on what makes us heroes. What happened to her was so unfair in so many ways and I often find myself questioning why her.. I even told her in her final moments how scared members of my faction were that I would give up my life for hers and that it showed how well they know me, because in that moment, I would have.


But the magic failed to heal her, the timing of her condition, the inability to get her to a medical bay.. so many factors played against us and I know I'm not the only one letting blame weigh on their shoulders. But I keep putting on a smile. I keep on being the hero she told me she aspired to be.. and I will aspire to be the hero she was until the very end.




I will post again later on her final moments, it doesn't feel right putting that in this post, I think this message should stand on it's own x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea